Here are some fun and creative ways to practice spelling words!
- Rainbow Letters
- Students write their spelling words using one color (coloring pencils work best). Next, they write over the same words using a different color! This is great fun, and you get to choose your color combination!
- Typing the words on the computer or iPad is also fun! Be sure to print your work and bring it to school.
- Students can write or type a story using all of their spelling words. This may help them remember the words in context.
- Students can write or type sentences using all of their spelling words. This may help them remember the words in context.
- Comic Strips
- Making a comic strip is a fun way to create a story using the spelling words.
- Illustrate each of the spelling words. You may use a caption if using more than one word per picture.
- Type/write the words and cut out each letter. Student then has to put their words back together! If correct, they can glue them to a piece of paper to turn in.
I hope these give you some ideas on how to have fun while studying this year! If you have more ideas, please share them! I would love to hear how you have been learning at home.