Carden of Tucson
Minutes of November 18, 2013
- Attendance: Mrs. Jeppson, Mrs. Gardner, Mrs. Roudebush, Mrs. Moseley, Elizabeth and Teddy Parker, Cheryl Kramer, and Desert Harris
- Approval of Agenda for November
- Approval of Minutes from October – (No meeting minutes posted.)
- Committee Reports:
- Director’s Report– Mrs. Jeppson
Audit was due last Friday. Currently school is being audited this week. Veteran’s Day Program was well attended. Picture retake day is Nov. 27th.
- President’s Report– Brenda Moseley
Items will be discussed under Old Business.
- Treasurer’s Report– Jennifer Quiroz/Lynette Roudebush
Fall Carnival net total was $2,068.81 Proceeds were distributed to teachers for classroom projects, supplies, etc. as follows: $179.90 per full-time teacher and $89.95 per part-time teachers.
- Volunteer Coordinator update– Lynette Roudebush
Volunteers needed for Santa’s Workshop coming up on Dec. 12th and 13th. Set up needed on the 11th as well. Be sure to check the Volunteer Spot for more details.
Volunteers needed for the 5K Carden Run coming up in March. T-shirts will be available and a Mexican food plate will be served afterwards.
- Teacher Liaison update– Mrs. Gardner
Teachers were pleased with the amount received from the Fall Carnival proceeds. Ideas were shared about changing the theme of some of the baskets to more popular themes like U of A, movies, food, etc.
Wristbands were a good idea but need to be more structured, as well as the amount of tickets needed to win a prize needs to raised if wristbands will be used next year. Mrs. Gardner expressed a concern about having someone head the Fall Carnival for next year. Possible utilizing 7th and 8th graders for set-up and/or for relieving teachers during the Carnival so they can shop/bid on baskets, eat, breathe, etc.
Suggestion was made to hold a raffle for larger baskets
- Old Business:
- Fall Carnival – volunteer needed to head up Fall Carnival for next year. Overall event was well attended and proceeds were greatly appreciated by teachers.
- New Business:
- New Position needed for lunch coordination for 2nd semester
Ms. Gardner shared the need for a person to volunteer on a constant basis to take over the responsibility of coordinating lunches. Someone would be needed for M, T, W for an hour to serve lunches, and then another hour per week to coordinate the lunch orders, complete data entry, and communicate with lunch providers the number of lunches needed on a weekly basis. If you are interested in this type of position please feel free to contact Mrs. Jeppson in the office. Training is available.
- Santa’s Workshop Coming on Thursday and Friday, Dec. 12th and 13th
Cheryl Kramer and Brenda Moseley will be heading this event. Donations (cash or items) are still needed for the workshop. Volunteers to be Personal Shoppers during the workshop to help younger students with purchasing items are needed.
Set up will be Wednesday, Dec 11th.
Workshop will be Thursday and Friday Dec. 12th and 13th.
Clean up will be Friday afternoon from 1 – 3pm. See Volunteer Spot for more details.
NEW this year we will be offering Photos with Santa on the morning of Friday, Dec. 13th. All students in Kindergarten – 3rd grade will go to visit Santa. All other students can go at will. There will be a small charge for photos with Santa – $3 for first child/ $1 for additional children either separately or in the same photo. Pictures will be printed and sent home with child. Extra copies can also be ordered for $1 more. We are in need of a Santa’s Helper to walk the children back and forth from class, and assist Santa when needed from 8:30 – Noon. If interested please see the Volunteer Spot or contact the office.
- Future Agenda Items for Dec. meeting:
- Next Meeting: December 2, 2013 at 3:15 in MPR
- Adjournment at 4:55 p.m.
~ Thank you to all the parents and staff that attended the PTO meeting this month. We look forward to seeing more of you at the next meeting!