PTO meeting notes January 2018
Meeting called to order at 6:10 pm
In attendance: Mrs. Baer, Mrs. Jeppson, Mrs. Moore, Mrs. Garnder, Mr. Turner, Ms. Cowan
- School choice on Wed the 24th, at school from 4-6. Singing, dancing, speakers, STEM.
- Geography bee on 1/26 @ 1:30. 2 from each class, 4th and up
- Spelling bee on 2/1
- Dollars for duds on 6
- Spring pics on 8th. Half day, so no uniforms required.
- 2/15 @ 6 pm next meeting for PTO
- Costa Vida will reissue fundraiser check
- Treasurer’s report: $3.80 in interest, expenses for athletic 1,110.40; spent $10k overall in December
- Took 7k from checking back into money market; 6k in checking; 51k in money market
- Idea for next year: increase dollar for duds days on holidays
- Ms. Nichols requests PTO pay for dessert for school choice; Mrs. Jeppson will get from Sam’s Club; 150 servings
- Dream Dinners: $140 received; productive fundraiser! Let’s do another. March or April?
- Movie night: Success, requests for another! March 2nd; Sandlot; Nachos, soda, popcorn, movie candy, hot dogs, baked goodies; Mrs. Moore will price hot dogs, buns, tortilla chips, nacho cheese, soda, candy, water, food boats, napkins for meeting in February
- Spirit week: Week before break
- Change Scrabble to Guess Who. Change Battleship to Friday!
- Golf tournament on April 21st; will provide previous sponsors at next meeting and letter for donations
- Feb 6th: Panda Express fundraiser night; Mr. Leyva will set up
Meeting adjourned: 6:53 pm