Welcome to a new school year! I hope your student has enjoyed the last 3 days here and that the rest will be just as wonderful. My goal is to update this blog weekly, but I am sorry in advance if it does not happen every week. I hope you’ve all had a change to look at the new Online Grade Book. So far, it looks like it will greatly increase the communication between parents and teachers in that it provides you with access to your student’s grades and performance in their classes.
- The new online grade book can be found at GradebookWizard.com. You student should have received their username and password yesterday- please encourage them to log on and look around the website.
- A Movie Permission slip specifically for my class went out yesterday for all grades. Please make sure to look over the movies listed and have the paperwork signed and returned by Friday, July 31st.
- Student Council will be new feature for middle school this year. More information regarding this will be coming soon.
- Back-to-School night will be held on August 10 at 6:30. Please make sure to mark your calendars and come to this event, I would love to meet you!
- Spelling – Lesson 1 has been given out to your students. Please make sure they are studying for their spelling and learning their parts of speech!
- Their words are:
- Haste (n.) Tax (n.v.) Glare (n.v.) Gale (n.) Tract (n.) Axle (n.) Thrash (v.) Stag (n.) Wares (n.) Glass (n.) Scramble (n.v.) Glassware (n.) Sample (n.v.) Crape (n.) Staff (n.v.) Stagnant (adj.) Strangle (v.) Stale (adj.) Trample (v.) Angle (n.)
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at CDavidson1@cardenoftucson.org. I am looking forward to an amazing year with your students.